DPSA Graduate Internship Programme 2021 – 2022
- Would you like to work within Department of Public Services & Administration?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Are you caring and loving?
Then the DPSA may have an internship for you!
The public service programs offered by Government has many great career paths. Their aim is to make public services more effective, orientated and developed. Their vision is to deliver efficient, reliable services in all sectors with skilled workers.
They have made available a variety of opportunities so that they can help in stabilizing the economy, and workforce within South Africa. They offer support, advice, and education from experts in each field. They do not, however, guarantee a permanent position upon completion of the internship.
Additionally, they also promote fairness and equality, therefore each application will receive the same treatment.
DPSA Internships Available
DPSA offers a diversity of internships each year, here are some that may be of interest to you, depending on your anticipated career path:
- Social Development
- Home Affairs
- Environmental Affairs
- Postal Services
- Trade and Industry
- Justice and Constitutional Justice
- Water and Sanitation
DPSA Graduate Internship Programme 2021 Requirements
Applications are accepted yearly for a selection of internships to fill opening that may arise within all sectors of Government.
Applicants must be graduates in any one of the fields specified below and must be at least 18 to 35 years old.
Note: The Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) is also targeting coloureds and people with disabilities
Candidates will also be required to have the following:
- Candidates must hold a valid Matric certificate
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid ID book/card
- Candidates must be unemployed
- Candidates must hold a diploma or degree form a recognized institute of higher learning
- Candidates with a degree or diploma within the selected discipline
- Candidates must be MS as well as computer literate
- Must be proficient in English (read, write & speak)
- Candidates must not have been employed within their related field of study
- Candidates must not hold any kind of criminal record
- Candidates must show a commitment to follow a career within the public sector
- Candidates must be willing to stay or move to where the need is highest, even rural areas
More information will be made available to qualifying candidates, depending on the internship. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Ensure you attach all relevant certified documentation to your application, in addition to a curriculum vitae. The curriculum vitae should reflect your expertise, competencies along with your skills and interests.
Applicants who have previously been on an Internship Programme in any institution will not be considered for this programme.
DPSA Internships Application
Internships online applications processes are made available during the year. There are multiple sites where applications can be made, nonetheless, it is suggested to frequently check on the DPSA Website for any developments during the year. The application can be found on their vacancies page.
Each internship will be specified towards the different areas, applications for those areas are preferred. Such as:
The closing dates for internships fluctuate, depending on the current needs within the DPSA at the time. Be sure to check on their home page regularly for such opportunities. Remember to complete the forms fully and add all relevant documentation.