NW Dept of Public Works: Graduate / Internship Programme 2023 – 2024
Location: Mmabatho and District Offices
Stipend 24 month contract, R6 437 per month (Graduate Interns)
18 month contract, R5066 per month (Student Interns)
NB: Confirmation letter from the Institution indicating that the Learner requires practical experience for completion of studies as required.
Head Office – Mmabatho, Ref. H / O 03 / 2021
- Bojanala, Ref. Boj 01 / 2021
- Ngaka Modiri Molema, Ref. NMM 01 / 2021
- Dr Ruth Segomotso Mompati, Ref. RSM 01 / 2021
- Dr Kenneth Kaunda, Ref. KK 01 / 2021
The Provincial Department of Public Works and Roads invite UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES / DIPLOMATES and STUDENTS who Obtained N6 Certificate from WET Colleges, who seek practical work experience, also are interested in a Public Service career to apply For internship in the occupations mentioned below:
INTERNSHIPS ARE OFFERED IN THE FOLLOWING FIELD OF STUDY:
• Laws in Property / Conveyance / Property Studies / Property Valuation / Urban Planning / Town and Regional Planning / Real Estate / Construction Management / Landscaping Studies / Horticulture Studies / Hygiene and Cleaning Services / Mechanical Engineering / Civil and Structural Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Quantity Survey / Architecture Studies;
• Local Government Finance / Municipal Finance / Project Management / Security Management / Tactical Armed Response / Human Resource Management / Public Management or Administration / Labour Relations / Office Management / Information Management / Supply Chain Management / Financial Management / Library and Information Science / Legal Services / Accounting and Auditing / Communication Studies / Monitoring and Evaluation / Social Work / Social Science.
NB: Applicants who previously participated in an Internship programme of a Government Department will not be considered. First preference will be given to North West Unemployed Graduates. Certification of qualification(s) I required documents must no; be older than one (1) year.
Enquiries: Ms ME Motshologane, tel. (018) 388-4258
This Department Is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Ii is our intention to promote representatively (race, gender and disability) In the Department placement of Unemployed Youth through the offering of these lnternships programme, e.g. White. Indian, Coloured Males and Females. People with disability are encouraged to apply. An Indication in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: The Employment Application must be fully completed and that is compulsory to liii all fields on the prescribed New Z83 form (811971431) which must be signed and dated for the application to be considered, and was approved to be utilized with effect 01 January 2021, Is obtainable at any National or Provincial Department, www.dpsa.gov.za. The Employment application form (Z83) must be accompanied by a recent updated comprehensive CV with at least
names of three (3) referees with current contact details. Originally certified copies of all qualification(s) including Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent qualification; certified ID copy: all applicants tertiary qualification(s) must be accompanied by certified copies of academic record / transcript(s). Failure o submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. All qualifications will be verified. Persons in possession of a Foreign Qualification must furnish this Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting. Previous Background Checks for school, university, college or employment records will be verified through
referees. Faxed and emailed applications are not accepted. Applications should be forwarded on time to the department since applications received after the closing dale indicated below will as a rule not be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. The Department reserves the right not to make appointments. Candidates requiring additional information regarding an advertised
Internship must direct their enquiries to the Enquiry Indicated.
NB: Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
How To Apply
All applications indicating the field of study, the centre and the reference number, must be forwarded to the following address: Head of Department, Public Works and Roads, Private Bag x2080, Mmabatho 2735, OR hand Deliver at Main Registry Office 133. Ground Floor, West Wing, Old Parliament Building, Modiri Molema Road, For Attention; Ms ME Motshologane.