Praesignis Women-in-Tech Learnership (Cape Town, Western Cape)
Praesignis Women-in-Tech Learnership (Cape Town, Western Cape) South Africa 2021 – 2022
18 August 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before this date – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Praesignis is a Professional Services Consultancy. They specialize in Business Intelligence, Visual Analytics, and Data Management.
Praesignis provides its customers with performance management solutions that are both flexible and sustainable, ensuring they have the means to increase production in their organizations.
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Duration: 12 months
Praesignis, partnered with AWS re/Start, is offering a Women-in-Tech IT Learnership with Cloud Certification, located in Cape Town. The year-long programme will allow female candidates to launch a career in AWS Cloud Computing.
AWS re/Start is a skills development and work readiness programme that provides opportunities for smart females, to gain knowledge to seek entry-level employment in the Cloud.
AWS re/Start are partnering with Praesignis, to provide support to learners in building career skills and helping them in the interview process to pursue entry-level roles that require AWS Cloud Practitioner knowledge and skills. These companies are excited to collaborate to build an inclusive and diverse global pipeline of new Cloud talent by focusing on unemployed, underemployed, and transitioning females and helping them launch entry-level Cloud careers.
Once candidates have completed the programme, they will be skilled with valuable cloud infrastructure and software skills, which will enable them to:
- Perform routine database maintenance and administration duties
- Perform routine allocation and configuration of storage with AWS S3 storage system
- Help with security configurations and monitor security events
- Configure basic network components and assist in the resolution of network problems
- Monitor, measure and report on infrastructure load and performance
- Provision and configure AWS Core Services and infrastructure components
- Automate sysadmin tasks in an AWS core services environment by designing, coding and testing simple programs/scripts using Python and Bash
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be between 18 and 28 years old
- Must be residing in Cape Town
- Must be a female
- Must have completed a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be unemployed, underemployed, or looking for new career prospects
- Must be interested in technology
- Must be fluent in English (able to read, write and speak)
- Must be able to pass a basic academic assessment test
- Must be willing to attend full-time classes for the entire 12 month duration
- Must be willing and committed to better yourself and building a future
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position: Praesignis Women-in-Tech Learnership (Cape Town, Western Cape)
Attach the following documentation to your application:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your Identity Document
- A copy of your Matric Certificate
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact Praesignis directly:
Telephone: 011 022 6812