Smollan Field Marketing Learnership 2021
Smollan Field Marketing Learnership 2021
The Smollan Field Marketing Learnership is available to matriculants who are interested in pursuing a career in sales and marketing.
If you are an unemployed matriculant that is aiming for a career in this field then this learnership may just be what you’re looking for. Upon successful acceptance, you will be required to carry out various responsibilities that come with this learnership program.
You will also need to prove that you are capable of having certain key competencies and meeting goals set by the learnership program. Here’s a breakdown of what the learnership is and what it requires from applicants.
This learnership will not accept applications after 17 August 2021. Be sure to have your application complete and submitted before the closing date.
The Smollan Field Marketing Learnership will be held in the Gauteng province.
Smollan is a global company that connects people, opportunities, and brands. The company has established itself in various retail markets and now represents some of the world’s most famous brands.
Smollan operates through planning, measuring, and executing on all components of intelligent commerce solutions. The company promotes improved sales performance, larger distribution, and optimal efficiency to create value for partners.
About The Learnership
The Smollan Field Marketing Learnership is aimed at the coordination and effective execution of sales and merchandising functions of consumer products on a retail store level.
The entire learnership will last anywhere from 9 – 12 months based on the performance of the candidate. Upon completion, the candidate will receive invaluable exposure and training in the respective field along with substantial work experience that will increase their employability in this sector.
Candidates will also receive a market-related salary upon acceptance and placement. Applicants must have completed Grade 12 and are over the age of 18 years to apply for this learnership.
The Smollan Field Marketing Learnership has established set criteria that applicants will need to meet. Applicants will be required to carry out certain tasks and have certain qualities about them that the learnership is looking for. Here is what’s required:
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Determine the merchandise to be stocked
- Arrange displays, develop and select a theme
- Draw stock according to requirements
- Ensure all lines are on display
- Monitor stock levels
- Respond to poor quality and damages
- Monitor slow/fast sellers and take appropriate action
- Conduct stock rotation
- Replenish displays
- Keep working area clean, tidy, and uncluttered
- Manage stock in the storeroom
- Cross merchandise
- Stamp/attach/change price tags on stock according to store procedure (mark up or down)
- Ensure P.I. Labels or price labels are correct
- Categorize products, attain brand objectives, and position brands
- Align forward share with market share, allocating the correct number of facings
- Report and follow up out of stocks to the relevant party
- Implement Planograms
- Ensure category flows
- Category Objectives
- Manage returns (trade waste)
- Report competitor activities
- Report on in-store activities
- Maintain store files
- Timeous and accurate completion of both store and company registers
- Compile reports
- Complete uplift documents, sorting out returns
- Inform call center about returns and receive a reference number
- Declare personal belongings
- Record orders and reference numbers
- Maintain In-Store Book
- Build relationships with customers and clients
- Fulfill promises
- Communicate problems and make suggestions regarding solutions
- Inform store manager of activities
- Ensure professional appearance and conduct
- Ensure company uniform is clean and tidy
- Display a friendly disposition
- Communicate relevant trade information and out of stock situations
- Ensure professional and value-adding Customer/Consumer service
- Ensure targets are achieved
- Order stock by placing an order with a call center as per client schedule
- Arrange additional promotions, obtain extra floor space
- Inform manager of promotions
- Build promotional display
- Ensure stock availability
- Ensure P.I. labels and price flashers are accurate
- Negotiate ad hoc displays
- Place emergency order and follow up on delivery
- Communicate promotional activity
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritize, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs
- Organizational Commitment
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Relationship Building
- Performance and Result Driven
- Continuous Growth and Improvement
- Stress Management and Resilience
- Service Excellence
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Prioritization and Planning
- Quality and Attention to Detail
How To Apply
To apply for the Smollan Field Marketing Learnership, all you will need to do is upload an updated CV and search for the learnership opportunity here.
Once you have found it. You will need to complete the necessary application form to be considered for selection.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the Smollan Field Marketing Learnership, then you can contact the company through the following means:
Contact Number: (+27) 11 640 8000