Grain SA Agricultural Economics Internships 2021
Grain SA is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for the ongoing Agricultural Economics Graduate / Internship Programme 2023 – 2024.
Grain SA is a major role player in the grain industry in South Africa and offers industry strategic services to grain producers and other role players. The organization would like to appoint a suitable and qualified graduate for 12 months Internship programme.
Include but not limited to:
- Maintain a market research database and relevant web information.
- Conducts input and market research analysis on grain and oilseeds in order to advise on grain and oilseed economic conditions
- Presentations to working groups, meetings, farmer days and market research presentations to relevant stakeholders.
- Collecting of input costs and calculating of enterprise budgets. A strong focus on member interest and solutions would be required.
- Writing of articles, newsletters and contributions to different media sources for publication.
- Compile and analyse comprehensive grain economic/market reports.
- Making projections and forecasts and interpret the findings for example supply and demand tables on grains.
- Attendance and presentations at farmer days
- Proof read minutes of the working meetings and assisting the Committee Officer.
- Writing of reports, facilitating and arranging meetings.
- Engage and liaise with relevant stakeholders in the grain industry/agriculture on agricultural policies.
- Assist members regarding concerns and challenges.
- Agricultural Economics degree
- Computer literate in all MS Office programmes on intermediate level
- Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans (written and spoken language)
- In depth knowledge of the grain industry
- Able to do public speaking to groups and to travel individually and extensively
- Professionalism with excellent communication skills
- Driver’s Licence
Internship Application Closing Date: 21 June 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
How To Apply For Grain SA Agricultural Economics Internships 2021
Please send a detailed CV indicating qualifications as well as experience and references to Coretha Usher at email: email@example.com
All applications will be treated as confidential. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of the application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.