Seriti Learnerships (Free State)
Seriti Learnerships (Free State) South Africa 2021 – 2022
9 August 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before this date – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
Seriti, is derived from a Sesotho word meaning integrity. It describes the aura cast by people as they go through life – the shadow that grows when an entity does good or diminishes if it misbehaves. So in essence, ‘seriti’ is your reputation and ultimately your legacy. Seriti aims to be constantly aware of the shadow we cast, and aim to create a positive, empowering and sustainable legacy for our stakeholders, and our country.
Seriti is a broad based, 91% black owned and controlled South African mining company co-owned by four black anchor shareholders, Masimong Group, Thebe Investments, Zungu Investments (Zico) and Community Investment Holdings (CIH).
Seriti Coal, a subsidiary company of Seriti, operates 3 large-scale, opencast and underground thermal coal mines – the New Vaal, New Denmark and Kriel collieries, which respectively supply Eskom’s Lethabo, Tutuka and Kriel power stations.
New Vaal is an opencast mine, located 14km south of Vereeniging in the Free State. It produces around 16Mtpa to Eskom’s Lethabo power station.
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Free State (New Vaal Colliery)
- Auto Electrician Learnership
- Boilermaker Learnership
- Diesel Mechanic Learnership
- Electrician Learnership
- Fitter Learnership
- Rigger Learnership
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must reside in the local community surrounding the New Vaal Colliery in the Free State OR must be a permanent employee at the New Vaal Colliery
- Must have completed Matric/ Grade 12
- Must have passed Pure Mathematics in Matric (NOT Mathematics Literacy)
- Must have passed Physical Science in Matric
- Auto Electrician Learnership – must have completed a minimum N2 qualifications with these subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Industrial Electronics, Motor Electrical Theory/ Electrical Trade Theory
- Boilermaker Learnership – must have completed a minimum N2 qualifications with these subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Plating and Structural Steel Drawing, Plater Trade Theory
- Diesel Mechanic Learnership – must have completed a minimum N2 qualifications with these subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Diesel/ Motor Trade Theory
- Electrician Learnership – must have completed a minimum N2 qualifications with these subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing/ Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory/ Electrical Trade Theory
- Fitter Learnership – must have completed a minimum N2 qualifications with these subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Trade Theory
- Rigger Learnership – must have completed a minimum N2 qualifications with these subjects: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Rigger Trade Theory
- Must have achieved a minimum of 40% or E symbol
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards
- Must have a high regard for safety and an excellent safety record
- Must be able to identify faults without supervision
- Must be in possession of a certificate of fitness or be able to obtain one
- Must be willing to work shifts, as well as be on standby and attend to callouts when required
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative
- Must have a valid K53 provincial drivers licence
- Advantageous: experience in the mining sector
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted to New Vaal Colliery HR Department (Old Heilbron Road, Vereeniging, 1939), and must include the following documents:
- Certified copy of your Identity Document
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate
- Certified copy of your drivers licence
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Note: be sure to indicate which trade you are applying for, on your CV.
Application refence: NVC072/21GS
- No applications will be accepted without the required documents. All documents must have been certified within the last 3 months.
- The candidate will need to undergo a psychmetric assessment before selection is made.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed.
- Candidates who do not receive any feedback within 30 days should accept their application as unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact Seriti directly:
New Vaal Colliery, Telephone number: 016 450 7200