AFGRI Learnerships/ Apprenticeship (Bellville Western Cape)
AFGRI Learnerships/ Apprenticeship (Bellville, Western Cape) South Africa 2021 – 2022
15 September 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before this date – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE LEARNERSHIP:
AFGRI Agri Services is one of the top agricultural services in South Africa. AFGRI is an active partner in agriculture and provides a number of services through the grain production and storage cycle. AFGRI offers a number of solutions, support, input, as well as the latest technology in the agricultural industry all supported by their popularity in retail. AFGRI shows its passion for developing new era farmers, as shown in the Lemang Agricultural Service Training programme which was established in 2012. AFGRI continues to follow its vision of unlocking the true agricultural potential across the continent.
DETAILS ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Bellville, Western Cape
Duration: 3 years
AFGRI is offering a 3-year in-service training apprenticeship/ learnership opportunity to young candidates with Matric or N2 qualifications. This programme will include on-the-job development rotations in teams specialising in different disciplines, as well as informal training. The aim of the programme is to equip the candidate with the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve a Tractor Mechanic qualification.
What to expect from the programme:
The first 6-months of the programme will be a probation period, where AFGRI will assess the candidate and distinguish if a long-term relationship can be built. Once the probation period is complete, the candidate will receive a contract with AFGRI and officially commence their training.
The programme’s training will consist of the candidate going to a Practical Training Institute in various phases of the programme. The candidate will also be ‘written in’ for the N subjects required at Colleges and will commence studies as a distance learner- distant learning may continue whilst the candidate is working at AFGRI and the candidate will be required to attend classes on Saturdays. The candidate will then attend John Deere Training Facility in Boksburg, supplier’s locations, as well as Internal training, whereby they will undergo Product Training.
Key Performance Areas of the Programme:
- Partaking in training to become a Tractor Mechanic/ Technician
- Taking responsibility for all stock control
- Ensuring that all related equipment is repaired and maintained
- Engaging in customer service
- Completing general work tasks and duties
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have an NQF-2 qualification: in Mathematics, Engineering Science, and Diesel Trade theory AND any of these: Industrial Electronics, Engineering/Technical Drawing, Motor Trade Theory
- Must have a Matric Certificate with a minimum of 40% or E-symbol in: Pure Mathematics, Technical Mathematics, Physical Science, Technical Science and/ or Engineering Graphics and Design
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent administration skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must be highly motivated
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Must be deadline and goal-driven
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
AFGRI Learnerships/ Apprenticeship (Bellville, Western Cape)
(Reference number: AO-444)
Attach the following documents to your application:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of your Driver’s licence
- Certified copy of your Matric certificate or N2 certificate
- Certified copy of your Identity Document
- This application will take at least 60 minutes to complete
- Should the candidate NOT have the above qualifications, they can partake in ‘an NQF-2 requirement subjects’ through Further Education and Training sponsored by AFGRI as part of the programme.
- Should the candidate fail any of the training, they will be required to re-do the training and at their own cost
- If the candidate chooses to withdraw within the period of the programme/ “work-back-period”, there will be monetary costs involved.
- The apprenticeship programme can not extend longer than 4-years.
- Should the candidate fail to become qualified within 4-years, the contract will expire.
- If you have not hears a response within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this learnership programme, please contact AFGRI directly:
Telephone number: 011 063 2347
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact portal: https://www.afgri.co.za/contact-forms/