East Coast Radio Internship: IT & Broadcast (Umhlanga KwaZulu-Natal)
East Coast Radio Internship: IT & Broadcast (Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal) South Africa 2021 – 2022
16 June 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before these dates – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Kagiso Media (Pty) Ltd is the country’s largest, black-owned media corporation in the country. Their main primary assets are East Coast Radio, Knowledge Factory, JUTA Publishing, and Jacaranda Film. The company has interests in content production, new media, research, specialised publishing, radio broadcasting, and television.
East Coast Radio, owned by Kagiso Media (Pty), is KwaZulu-Natal’s largest commercial radio station with over 5 million audience members. As one of South Africa’s largest radio stations, East Coast Radio is broadcasted from Mpumalanga KwaZulu-Natal as well as from SABC studios in Durban. They are a leading host within the province, putting on major events such as Durban Day, Toy Drives, and Big Walks. East Coast Radio also has many sponsorship partnerships with sports teams such as The Sharks, AmaZulu, Super Rugby outfit, as well as The Sunfoil Dolphins.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal
Duration: 12 months
Salary: basic stipend
East Coast Radio are inviting students to apply for the vacancy of ” IT & Broadcast Intern”. Students will be placed in the programme for 12 months, whereby they will grow and develop IT & Broadcast Technician capabilities.
If you have a keen interest in technology, are good at problem solving and are passionate about learning, this exciting opportunity could be for you.
Key performance areas of the programme:
- Maintenance of IT and Broadcast Technology systems
- Providing the office with IT and technical support
- Providing staff with IT and technical support at outside productions
- Dealing with technical administration
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have Matric (NSC)
- Must be studying towards National Diploma in one of these fields: Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Must be hardworking and determined
- Must be willing to learn on the job and develop your skills
- Must be creative and think outside the box
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
East Coast Radio Internship: IT & Broadcast (Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal)
(Reference number: ITBT11062021)
Attach the following documents to your online application:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of your relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of your Identity Document
- Any other supporting documents, relevant to the position
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Kagiso Media directly:
Telephone number: 011 034 9200
Contact Portal: http://www.kagisomedia.co.za/