National Museum Internship: HR (Bloemfontein Free State)
National Museum Internship: HR (Bloemfontein, Free State) South Africa 2021 – 2022
17 June 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before this date – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
The National Museum was established in 1877 as a cultural and art museum. Under the Department of Arts and Culture, the National Museum is a Declared Cultural institution and is governed by a council.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Locations: Bloemfontein, Free State
Contract duration: 18 months
The National Museum of Bloemfontein invites graduates to apply for an internship position in the HR department, for the position of “HR Generalist Intern”.
The HR Department is responsible for the day-to-day management of personnel and personnel administration, communication, discipline and policy administration. The HR department serves as an advisory to management on issues that affect the employees. The intern will receive training in all the functions of the HR Generalist.
Key Performance Areas of the Programme:
- Develop an HR Plan and support Management in implementing an HR Strategy
- Design, develop, review and update HR Policies, Procedures and Systems.
- Provide advice and interpretation and ensure legislative compliance
- Recruitment, selection and placement process
- Job Evaluation and Analysis
- Manage all aspects of employee and industrial relations
- Review, update and report on Employment Equity Plan
- Coordinate training and development programmes
- Coordinate HR audits and job profiling
- Monitor and evaluate performance management
- Ensure effective implementation of EWP ( Employee Wellness Programme) counselling and advice
- Ensure effective implementation Occupational Health and Safety measures and adherence
- Manage terminations of contracts and conduct exit interviews
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have completed a NQF Level 7 qualification in Human Resources (including: BCom Human Resources, B Com Law Degree, B Tech in Human Resources or LLB degree)
- Must be based in Bloemfontein or Mangaung Metro
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good understanding of legislation and prescripts governing Labour Relations in South Africa
- Must have excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must maintain professionalism at all times
- Must be flexible and dependable
- Must work well in a team
- Must be highly motivated
- Must have strong problem solving skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted by email to: email@example.com or hand delivered to the National Museum.
Attach the following documents to your application:
- Application form (available in pdf and word format)
- A cover letter
- A certified copy of your Identification Document
- A certified copy of your relevant qualification
- A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with at least 3 contactable references
1) Shortlisted candidates will undergo a comprehensive selection process and will be vetted.
2) The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented
individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
3) The National Museum is NOT obligated to fill the position
4) Should your application NOT meet the requirements , you will be disqualified
5) If you do not hear a response within 1 month after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact the National Museum’s Human Resources team directly:
Telephone number: 051 447 9609
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org