Sarah Baartman District Municipality Internships (Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape)
Sarah Baartman District Municipality Internships (Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape) South Africa 2021 – 2022
25 June 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before this date – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
The Sarah Baartman District Municipality is situated in the western portion of the Eastern Cape Province. Although it completely surrounds Nelson Mandela Bay, the two areas are independent entities serving different communities.
A district municipality, as opposed to metropolitan and local municipalities, provides support to local municipalities within its area that are too small, poor or rural to provide all the services required by their communities.
The Sarah Baartman District Municipality capacitates 7 local municipalities, namely Kou-Kamma, Dr Beyers Naude, Kouga, Blue Crane Route, Sundays River Valley, Ndlambe and Makana. It shares the responsibility of providing basic services like electricity, water and refuse removal with the Local Municipalities.
The head office of the Sarah Baartman District Municipality is located in Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth.
The municipality has three departments, namely Finance and Corporate Services, Infrastructure Services and Economic Development Services. A significant amount of time and resources are spent on development, creating projects to grow skills, employment and initiate sustainable economic development as well as elevating the quality of life in the district.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Duration: 2 years fixed term
Salary/ stipend: R96 000 per year (all inclusive)
Position: Infrastructure Development and Community Services Internship
The Sarah Baartman District Municipality are inviting unemployed graduates from historically disadvantaged background, to apply for the Internship programme in the following areas:
- Housing Administration
- Infrastructure Development
- Project Management
- Roads and Transport
- Water Sanitation and Purification
The SBDM has embarked on a drive to provide graduates with certain experience, to help them become employable. The Internship Programme will facilitate on the job technical skills development to ensure the graduates are provided with relevant practical skills and appropriate experience in various disciplines.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must have completed Matric
- Must have completed a BTech or other Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must be unemployed
- Must reside in one of the following local municipalities: Dr Beyer’s Naude, Blue Crane Route, Kouga, Koukamma, Makana, Ndlambe and Sunday River Valley
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted on the: Sarah Baartman District Municipality Internship Application form (pdf format).
Attach the following documents to your application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of your relevant qualification
- Certified copy of your ID document
- At least 1 letter of recommendation of testimony or motivation
Applications and documents must be placed in an envelope and submitted to:
Standard Bank Building
32 Govan Mbeki Avenue
Note: applications must be marked “Confidential” for the attention of the Corporate Services section
- Applications must be submitted on the above application form only, the following forms are NOT acceptable: Z83 form, Department of Labour employment application forms, Nelson Mandela Metro Municipality employment application form, faxed application forms.
- Ensure that all copies of Certificates, Qualifications, Identity document are attached – no originals as documents will not be returned to applicants.
- All information provided will be treated with confidentiality, however should it be found to be incorrect or unreliable it will be disqualified.
- The District Municipality does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful. Applicants not contacted within 21 days after the closing date should accept that their applications were unsuccessful; however they are thanked for showing interest in the District Municipality.
- All shortlisted candidates will undergo an assessment test.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact xx directly:
Telephone number: 041 508 7044 / 041 508 7001 / 041 508 7111
Contact page: https://www.sarahbaartman.co.za/content/2