Standard Bank: Graduate / Internship Programme 2022
The Standard Bank Graduate programme has had a long standing reputation for providing accelerated development opportunities and structured workplace support that propels young graduate professional’s aspirations.
- The Data, Analytics & Actuarial graduate development programme aims to equip young & talented Africans with skills required in meeting current & future skill demands of the world of work given the proliferation of changes within the technology space and insurance landscape within South Africa.
- This program serves as a tool to strengthen talent pipeline within core, critical & scarce skills priority areas
- The Programme is designed to help the youth embark on their professional careers and develop skills & knowledge which will help them fly and Soar on high, & ultimately lend on their NEXT.
- The purpose of the programme is to have a competitive advantage to attract, develop, retain, reward & lead young talent.
- To manage young talent through integrated talent management to meet micro-economic drivers such a loss of skills to external organisations.
- To develop young talent in their field of study and create continuous supply of technology related skills to the Group
Analytics & Visualization
- Create insights for business
- Adding narratives to data, visualise and tell stories (Power-BI, QlikView, Tableau, etc)
- Providing an ease of accessibility of the ecosystem of data through self-service dashboards and dynamic data visualization for internal and potential 3rd party consumption and inform monetization opportunities (Strategic & Operational Reporting)
- Influence the decisions that business makes
Innovation (Data Science & Actuarial)
- Developing new ways of creating revenue
- Value creation
- Optimizing Client service experience
- Leading the design and implementation of data driven cloud computing solutions to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Data Governance and Management
- Data Culture
- Data Quality Management
- Data/Information Lifecycle Management
- Sustainable Data sourcing
- Build APIs, ETL Processes
- IT Execution
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Honours Degree: BSc or BCom in:
- Data Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Business Mathematics and Informatics
- Duration: 12 months (Graduate Contract)
- Citizenship: South African
- Work Experience: 0-2 years