Unilever Internship: Safety (Boksburg Gauteng)
Unilever Internship: Safety (Boksburg, Gauteng) South Africa 2021 – 2022
9 June 2021.
Be sure to apply on or before these dates – any applications submitted after this date are late and will NOT be accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Unilever is a British/ Dutch consumer goods company whose products are available in 190 countries.
Unilever manufacture some of the most well-known households brands throughout the world, with focus on home care, personal care, food and beverage products. Their trusted household brands (of which there are over 400 brands), are used by around 2 billion people around the world each day. Some of the Unilever brands you may know include: Omo, Domestos, Handy Andy, Axe, Dove, Lux, Organics, Vaseline, Comfort, Knorr, Lipton, Glen, Joko, Hellmann’s and Stork.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Boksburg, Gauteng
Unilever are inviting students to apply for the position of Safety Intern at the Khanyisa – Anderbolt factory. Students who have completed or are studying towards a Safety Management tertiary qualification can apply.
The Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Intern will be responsible for assisting the Safety Lead, to champion the SHE agenda at site.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring compliance to SHE regulations
- Working towards site SHE improvement and reporting systems including Safety Behaviour Observations
- Interacting with relevant stakeholders to ensure that awareness, compliance and reporting meets standards
- Collecting and analysing SHE data
- Taking part in Emergency Drills
- Conducting Contractor Safety Management
- Taking part in SHE Audits and Inspections
- Ensuring Enzyme Safety
- SHE Awareness Campaigns and Training
- Taking part in problem solving with WCM tools
- Taking part in Incident Investigations
- Reviewing SHE Procedures
- Reviewing Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducting Planned Job Observations (PJOs) in relation to SHE aspects
- Performing Audits and Inspections
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must have passed Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Must have completed or be studying towards a National Diploma or Degree in Safety Management (or a related qualification)
- Must have basic computer literacy skills (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be self-driven and results focused
- Must have good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
Unilever Internship: Safety (Boksburg, Gauteng)
(Reference number: R-15706)
Applicants will be required to Register an Account in order to submit their applications.
You will be required to submit these documents with your application (failure to submit ALL the required documents will result in your application being disqualified):
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate
- Certified copy of Academic Transcript or qualification certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
Please note: candidates that do not receive any feedback within 14 days of submitting their application, should regard their application as unsuccessful.
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Unilever South Africa Head Office directly:
Telephone number: 031 570 2000 / 031 570 3000
Alternatively, you may submit your query via their contact form here: https://www.unilever.co.za/contact/contact-form/